HSEF and HSSD Celebrate 2nd Annual CARE Award Winners
The Howard-Suamico Education Foundation (HSEF) and Howard-Suamico School District (HSSD) are proud to announce the 2nd annual CARE Award winners.
We are proud of our 2023 CARE Award winners! They were recognized during Staff Appreciation Week in May during surprise visits to each school. View photos here.
- Stephanie Christie, Bay View Teacher
- Jon Jagler, Lineville Dean of Students
- Andrew Kros, Suamico Physical Education Teacher
- Brenda Magnin, Meadowbrook Lunchroom/Playground Supervisor
- Kimberly McDougal, District Office Registrar
- Jesse Rouse, Howard Custodian
- Becky Wright, Bay Harbor School Counselor
- Carrie Yanda, Bay Port School Secretary
- Rachel Zarazinski, Forest Glen School Secretary
One employee at each building was recognized for demonstrating positive characteristics that contribute to our caring learning community. These awards were determined through an anonymous peer voting process at each HSSD building. Voting was based on how the employees exhibit joy in their roles and a love for public education, foster healthy relationships with others, contribute to a positive school climate, and value every contribution with respect and honor.
Making the HSSD CARE Awards possible are our sponsors, who, in partnership with HSEF, provided the following:
- $1,250 stipend for the HSSD CARE Award winner
- $750 grant for the CARE Award winner’s school
- $500 to the HSEF Endowment Fund
HSSD CARE Award Sponsors:
- BayCare Clinic
- Duet Resource Group/KI
- Engage Orthodontics
- Josh and Sarah Gustafson Family
- Prevea Health
- Savoye Salon Spa
About HSSD CARE Awards:
CARE stands for Congratulate, Appreciate, Recognize, Esteem. It is our belief that each person serving at HSSD - from classrooms to lunch rooms, front offices, gymnasiums and beyond - makes a direct impact on the children and future of our communities. Their work impacts us all for the better and the winners are being recognized for their direct impact on students and the future of our communities.